Friday, March 25, 2016

Steps of Faith

Jim, Myself, Dustin and Hannah @ Fountain Park in AZ
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­The last year has been a journey of faith for me. God has guided and pushed me to things that I would have never expected. Now, having returned from Arizona and the first Professional Disc Golf Association National Tour Event for the third year in a row, I am even more excited about what God is doing in my life and the opportunities that He is placing before me.

Within the last year God took me from a place where I was searching for what He wanted me to do to a place where He has given me a clear direction and an opportunity to make a difference in His kingdom through a passion that He has given to me. Eagles Wings Disc Golf is in a place with some incredible staff excited to make an impact. I will get to use the sport of Disc Golf, which I have grown passionate about over the last seven and a half years, to grow God's kingdom. It is not just a sport but a growing community of people in need of a savior.

The Resource Table @ Chapel
I have been blessed to be able to come back from Arizona this year having had a great opportunity to play some disc golf and meet some incredible new people. I am so blessed to be part of the Eagles Wings Disc Golf team including Dustin, Jim and Hannah who are also so passionate about disc golf and using it to make a kingdom impact. I have been reinvigorated by being in meetings where we discussed the programming that both Dustin  and Jim are planning in Pennsylvania and Michigan respectively. I have no doubt that we will be able to reach many current disc golfers and youth through these programs.  

In Arizona we were able to host our first chapel service of the year. We met some new faces and reconnected with others that are supporting this venture. We were blessed to have many resources including a devotional for athletes that we plan to use to stay connected with those who attend our chapel services. We were able to host our service on site at one of the three courses used for the tournament. Moving forward we are going to have some amazing opportunities for chapel services this year. We have been amazed at how people have grasped on to this idea and desire to be part of what is going on.

Jim speaking during the Chapel Service @ Vista Del Camino
With all of this excitement, and through much prayer, I have recently stepped down from my now previous job with Open Door Ministries. It was not sure how I was going to be able to say goodbye to the kids that I have been investing in. It was tough for me to step out and trust in God’s provision. But I know this is a step that needs to be taken in order to get to the ministry that God has called me to. I am so excited to get to Pennsylvania for training by the early part of the summer and to spend time helping Dustin run some amazing programs. I am curious to learn more and figure out what program focuses I will have when I return to Colorado. I think it is simply amazing that I will get to serve God through Eagles Wings Disc Golf.


Please be praying for this process that I am going through in raising up a team of partners in this ministry. I am still incredibly nervous about the process. I still struggle as I learn to trust God more and more. I am not sure what, when or how this is all going to happen but I am intrigued to see how God works. I am excited for the story I will be able to tell when I am temporarily done with this process. I cannot wait to meet the people, some whom I already know and some who I do not, who will be a partner in this ministry.
The schedule of Chapels to be held this year. Please be praying for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment