Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Struggle of Progress

Sometimes life is busy. You find yourself doing more and more things. I am blessed to be able to continue working full time with an inner city ministry in Denver, CO as I build a team of partners to work full time with Eagles Wings Disc Golf. But it also makes life really busy. I have learned that I need to celebrate the milestones and to be constantly looking for God's provision. I am blessed to already be at 10% of my goal and although that seams small, it is really big. Thanks you to all my partners and the blessing they have been and will continue to be. As I sit here now I wish I could find more time to devote to getting to the field sooner. But I know I am where God wants me at the present time. I will continue to seek out those who can grasp the vision of the kingdom difference that Eagles Wings will make.

Since I last wrote, God has been doing some amazing things with Eagles Wings Disc Golf. I have been able to travel and be part of yet another chapel service at the last major tournament of the year, The United States Disc Golf Championships. We saw a great deal of interest and many people who are excited to see more of Eagles Wings in the coming new year. Being in South Carolina for this event and being involved in the disc golf community at this tournament, seeing the building excitement for chapel services and being able to speak truth into the lives of some of the top pros as well as other competitors has made me yearn even more to get to my partnership goals.

As I now sit at home I am constantly fighting the struggle of time and energy. It is tough to know when and where to invest time. It is sometimes difficult to see the future and how God is going to work through me. I know that I must keep reminding myself of what I have already seen. I know that I must listen to the stories of how God is already working with Eagles Wings and the others I will be working alongside with. The following is a brief story that was shared with me and helps remind me of the impact this ministry has and will continue to make. This was shared with me by Dustin Leatherman, the director of Eagles Wings Disc Golf.

This past summer we offered our first Eagles Wings Disc Golf internship to a local 16 year old disc golfer, Dan Lackner.  It was a volunteer experience that provided the opportunity to be involved in a variety of aspects of the ministry.  Here is how Dan described his experience:

Working this summer with Eagles Wings Disc Golf was a truly awesome experience, and I was really encouraged by the people I got to work with. Teaching kids disc golf from a Christian standpoint was an amazing experience, and it taught me a lot about responsibility and sharing God’s word with others. The trip to the PDGA Disc Golf World Championships was an unforgettable trip. Being a part of the first Chapel was really cool, and it really taught me a lot. Also helping organize the Fish Bowl and the Eagles Wings youth league was a great experience. I am really thankful for the opportunity I had this year, and hope I can come back next year. 

While Dan enjoyed various components of the internship, it was also very evident he was growing in his walk with the Lord.  One of our primary objectives at Eagles Wings is to equip Christians to use disc golf as a platform for ministry, and it was exciting to see this happen through our internship program.

Please continue to pray for me, for wisdom and diligence as I continue in the process of building a team of partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment