Thursday, November 30, 2017

Still Working Through The Off Season

It may be the off season for disc golf, but that does not mean that I have been working any less for Eagles Wings Disc Golf. I have come to learn that most of the work we are doing now affects the way that our programs will run once the disc golf season starts up again. I am blessed to be able to work with several of the national programs this off season. Even in the circumstances where I cannot be at some of the national events, I will still have an impact.

A peek at the new look of the Eagles Wings website.
One of the biggest projects that I have been working on throughout the year and even more now is a new look for the Eagles Wings website. We have always known that our site was basic and that we needed to take advantage of any possible means of promoting this ministry that we can. There is a new look that is continuing to evolve with time and we have begun to link all of our social media accounts back to the website. We are reorganizing some things in an effort to make the website more functional. You should take a peek at the site for yourself here.

I am also looking forward to one of my favorite off season tasks. I will soon begin working on the curriculum that we will use at our national chapel services throughout next year. There is a hope to be able to connect this to all of our local chapels as well. We have talked about many exciting possibilities to keep disc golfers connected to each other as well as to stay connected to God.
One of our Junior Grant winners, Silas, hanging out with Jim.

On of the more interesting programs that I was able to help with this past year was our Junior Grant Program. Through this we were able to cover the entry fee of four deserving Junior Disc Golfers to the PDGA Junior Disc Golf World Championships. We found four amazing Junior disc golfers who have been working hard to help improve their local communities. Moving into the new year, I will once again be working on this program. This year we hope to be able to expand this program to reward even more deserving junior disc golfers.

In addition to all these wonderful national programs that I get to help out with, I am also beginning to make plans for the Eagles Wings program here in Colorado. We had a great start this past year with a chapel service at the Rocky Mountain Disc Golf Championships as well as other smaller chapels at some local events. While I am not yet sure what time might allow me to do next year, there are hopes to run more than just chapel services here in Colorado.

As the possibility for ministry increases locally and nationally, I am always looking for people to partner with me. If you would like to know how you can support my local and national work with Eagles Wings Disc Golf, I would be glad to speak with you. Please email me at sleader@pushtherock.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment